Top Deck Club – Great Barrier Reef floating hotel
Stay aboard Cairns premier Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard. Enjoy the luxury VIP package with their ‘Top Deck Club’.
Starting your trip in Cairns, First, meet your Top Deck Club valet, who is there to make sure that everything you need is at your fingertips.
Getting to Reef Encounter
Whether you decide to travel on our transfer vessel Reef Experience or via a spectacular scenic helicopter flight, you will soon be on the Great Barrier Reef.
Onboard Reef Encounter
Once onboard Reef Encounter, your valet will show you to your room and make sure that we know about any dietary requirements you may have.
Surrounded by the Great Barrier Reef’s crystal clear waters, this is one of Australia’s most celebrated holidays escape. See the reef at its very best – day and night!
Next, underwater is where all the colour is on the Great Barrier Reef, so let’s start the adventures with a snorkel, mask and fins.
With outstanding Great Barrier Reef dive sites for exploring.
We know that everyone has different Reef Encounter requirements; several packages suit all our aquatic guests. Starting with snorkelling and scuba diving from beginner to advanced.
Top Deck Club Great Barrier Reef Accommodation
- Stay in the best Top Deck Club cabins on the boat. Then relax with the added extras such as late check-out times and spacious en-suite cabins with ocean views.
- All staterooms have Australian power outlets.
- Reef Encounter our boutique floating hotel Staterooms also have their own en-suite toilet & shower.
- Top Deck Club guests enjoy an evening turn-down service for their stateroom.
- Double bed or twin-single bed staterooms available.
Why choose a Top Deck Club liveaboard experience
Top Deck Club tour is tailored to your needs. Everybody’s Top Deck experience will be personalised.
Amongst other things, Top Deck Club includes a crew member just for you! A private in-water Guide for personal scuba dive tours or snorkelling tours. Late check-out times, deluxe 3-course evening meals under the stars and breakfast in bed.
…And so much more!
- Top Deck Club Liveaboard Dining
- A deluxe three-course evening meal, freshly prepared by the onboard Chef for each night of your stay. You may choose to dine privately under the stars or join the rest of the guests in the spacious dining saloon.
Breakfast served to your stateroom.
- Enjoy an Australian continental or cooked breakfast served to you just the way you like it, or join the rest of the guests for a buffet-style breakfast served in the dining saloon.
- Complimentary sparkling wine and fruit platter upon arrival* (If you’re getting in the water, your complimentary sparkling wine will be served with your evening meal instead)
- Complimentary sunset cocktail
- Top Deck Club guests can also enjoy a selection of local press coffee, tea and juices.
- All meals prepared fresh daily by an onboard Chef. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, and dessert. Fruit available throughout the day. Our chefs can cater for all dietary requirements.
- A barbeque buffet breakfast is served on the outbound voyage.
- A complimentary glass of wine and a cheese and fruit platter on the return journey to Cairns.
- Free luggage storage available at their offices in Cairns City.
Great Barrier Reef Liveaboard Facilities
- Air-conditioned 35-metre catamaran hotel, designed for the utmost stability and comfort at sea.
- Large dining saloon
- TV and lounge area
- Outdoor, freshwater hot-tub
- Spacious sundeck with sun loungers
- Fully licenced bar
- Large, easy access dive and snorkel platforms
- Helicopter pad on the roof for low-flying scenic helicopter tours transfer to/from Reef Encounter (optional extra)
- Barista Coffee
Click here to see our liveaboard dive packages.
- Discover the World’s largest living thing.
- Great Barrier Reef Stay
- Interact with thousands of brightly coloured fish and coral
- Delicious meals
- Scuba dive at night
Top Deck Club Liveaboard Packages Include
- Top Deck Club accommodation including ensuite
- Delicious chef-prepared meals
- Personal valet
- Dinner under the stars
- Breakfast in bed
- Sunset cocktails
- Late checkout
- Evening turndown service
- Snorkel and scuba diving equipment
- Sleep on the Great Barrier Reef with Reef Encounter
- A valet reef guide
- Late checkout times.
- Private guided in-water tours
- Top Deck Club Great Barrier Reef Accommodation
- Dinner under the stars
- A variety of spectacular outer Great Barrier Reef locations during your stay
- Glass bottom boat tour
- Marine Biology presentation
- A free luggage storage facility in Cairns City
- Daily transfers via Reef Experience to Reef Encounter
- Introductory dive
- Professional photographs
- Scuba lessons
- Barista coffee
- Drinks and snacks
- Helicopter transfers
What to bring
- Reef Encounter is a barefoot product.
- Light jacket
- Casual resort wear
- Scuba divers need to bring their certification card and logbook
How to get there
How to get to Reef Encounter?
Two Choices to get to Reef Encounter
The first option is via our transfer vessel Reef Experience that departs Cairns daily at 8 am.
The second option is via a spectacular scenic helicopter flight over the Great Barrier and landing directly onboard Reef Encounter’s exclusive helipad.
Important information for scuba divers
This information is for all guests participating in scuba diving.
Australia has the strictest scuba diving rules globally and the safest diving record. Please make sure you understand the scuba diving laws in Queensland, Australia.
We are regulated by the Queensland Government Code of Practice and comply with all rules, including the requirements for a dive medical, where applicable, as required by law.
We recommend that all passengers complete our dive medical questionnaire. Some medical conditions, age, and medications may prevent you from scuba diving.
Our mission is always to provide our passengers with the very best Great Barrier Reef tour.
We are delighted to help you with any questions you may have. Please contact our office on +61 7 4037 2700 or email our helpful team today.
Alternatively, you may like to consult your Doctor for a Queensland Dive Medical using the Australian QLD Standard Form AS.4005.1
Flying after Scuba Diving
You should not fly or go to altitude for at least 18 hours after a scuba dive for a single no decompression scuba dive.
You should not fly for 24 hours after your last dive for multiple dives.
If Skydiving or Hot Air Ballooning, you must wait 24 hours after your dive. We recommend waiting a minimum of 24 hours whenever possible.