Liveaboard Scuba dives the Great Barrier Reef’s famous Cod Hole and Ribbon Reefs, then dive with the sharks at Osprey Reef 200 km offshore in the Coral Sea with award-winning liveaboard dive boat, Spirit of Freedom.
This sleek and spacious vessel offers quality liveaboard tours to certified scuba divers.
Over your three days, 3-night expedition you will have the opportunity to complete up to 11 scuba dives (including night scuba dives) and will begin your trip with a one-hour scenic flight from Cairns mainland out to the beautiful Lizard Island – located in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef’s Coral Sea.
Tours depart Mondays at 12 noon am and return Cairns the following Thursdays at 11.30am
All scuba diving activities are overseen by the Trip Director on each dive includes a thorough dive briefing ensuring your scuba diving experience is both safe and enjoyable.
Pay on board $20.00 Reef Levies and $10.00 for fuel surcharge pay onboard.
Your Diving Adventure Includes
- Three day/3 nights liveaboard accommodation onboard ‘Spirit of Freedom.’
- Air-conditioned en-suite cabin with daily service including towels
- The opportunity for up to 11 scuba dives
- A low-level reef flight from Lizard Island to Cairns
- Bus transfers to and from Cairns City accommodation
- Wonderful chef-prepared meals – Australian Style Complimentary
- Australian wine and soft drinks with evening meals
Monday: Pick up from your Cairns City Accommodation at approximately 11.00am. Transfer to Trinity Wharf to Board Vessel Orientation of the vessel 12 noon departure Lunch on board while cruising to the Outer Great Barrier Reef for an afternoon check-out dive and a twilight or night dive. Cruise north to the Ribbon Reef After dinner
Tuesday & Wednesday: These two days are spent diving at the most northern of the Ribbon Reefs, Number 9 & 10 Ribbon Reefs.
Scuba Dive sites and sequence may vary depending on the weather conditions.
Always including at least one dive at the Cod Hole, where you will encounter a family of massive and very friendly Potato Cod.
Other sites may include Wonder-wall, Pixie Pinnacle, Challenger Bay, Two Towers, Lighthouse Bommie, and the Snake Pit,
If the current is right, you may also take a drift dive at Dynamite Pass, well known as a channel for sharks to pass through. Ribbon Reefs. 4 to 5 dives will be available each day, including a night dive on Tuesday. On Wednesday evening, we overnight at Watson’s Bay on Lizard Island and enjoy a sunset BBQ dinner on the top deck.
Thursday: After breakfast, you will disembark at Lizard Island.
Take the guided walk from Watson’s Beach to Mary Watson’s cottage over Chinaman’s Ridge and back to the air-strip.
Board a twin-engine light aircraft for your low-level flight over the reef and / or along the coast back to Cairns.The one-hour flight arrives at Hinterland Aviation, Cairns General Aviation Airport around 11.15 to 11:30 am, a courtesy coach will meet you for your transfer back to your Cairns city hotel
toggle icon=”plus-sign” title=”What to Bring”]
- Personal luggage, clothes, toiletries etc
- Maximum 20 kg luggage allowance per person, including carry-on.
- Excess baggage secure storage available upon request
- Personal Dive Equipment – Also available for hire upon booking if required.
- (Snorkel-only passengers snorkel equipment provided free of charge)
- Certification card or divers logbook
- Cash or credit card for onboard purchases AUD 60 Reef Tax & Fuel Levy to pay onboard (mandatory national park fees)[/toggle]
- Full equipment Hire $120.00
- Regulator and Dive computer $45.00
- Dive computer only $35
- Buoyancy Control Device $45.00
- Torch and Cyalume sticks $10.00
- wetsuits 3mm and 5mm full Length $30.00
- PADI Advanced Course $265.00
- PADI Nitrox Course $295.00
- 3 Day Nitrox Package $75.00
containing individual stations for 26 guests with dry storage above and storage box under for every two divers.
Air and Nitrox whips allowing tanks to remain in their rack, supplying air and Nitrox at 32%
Camera wash tub, small camera table and air gun for Photographers
Dive Deck Holds: 2 x Bauer 21 CFM Compressors
DNA x Nitrox Membrane System
65cf & 88 cf Alloy tanks
Uwatec Aladin Prime dive Computers
All individual Scuba Great Items
the Upper Deck
a great place to relax between dives, with undercover and open areas containing timber table, chairs, lounge seating and sun lounges
the Dining saloon
The dining room is used as a briefing area, theatre room and general meeting place.
the Forward lounge
Another place to chill, with comfortable couch seating and bean bags. You will find a coffee machine, tea selection and hot water, a library with books and DVD’s
For photographers, there is also a camera work station with power boards and converters for 110 volts. flat-screen TV and DVD.
Offering a good range of quality Australian and New Zealand wins, plus beer, UDL spirits and soft drinks all at a very reasonable price. On the scheduled dive trips, the house wine and soft drinks included during your evening meal.
this Vessel is fully licenced – NO BYO’s
- Onboard Services:
- Daily cabin service (including towels)
- Widescreen TV/DVD
- Comfortable lounge areas and sun-deck
- Air-conditioning throughout
* Maximum 20 kg luggage allowance per person including carry-on. Excess baggage secure storage available upon request
* Please inform of any specific dietary or other requirements upon booking
* Scuba diving is only available to Certified Divers with Open Water level qualification or higher.
Please read the ‘policies’ of your tour below before booking, including terms and conditions.