Rated as One of the Top Ten Wreck Dives in the World Don’t miss your chance to dive the S.S. Yongala Liveaboard
Departs and returns to Townsville.
Departure dates: 3rd January 2020, 24th January 2020, 7th February 2020, 6th March 2020, 3rd April 2020, 1st May 2020, 5th June 2020, 3rd July 2020, 7th August 2020, 4th September 2020, 2nd October 2020, 30th October 2020 27th December 2020 and the 1st January 2021
This SS Yongala Liveaboard tour is best suited to advanced scuba divers.
The best way to see the Great Barrier Reef is to sleep on it; being able to dive in the evening for night dives and early morning dives which you cannot do on a day trip is just sensational!
This SS Yongala liveaboard takes in 2 full days of diving on the outer Great Barrier Reef, reefs visited include Lodestone Reef, Keeper Reef, Broadhurst Reef, Davies Reef and Wheeler Reef.
Dive locations will be at the skipper’s discretion and will depend on the weather.
The 3rd day includes two dives at one of the top 10 wreck dive locations in the world.
The S.S. Yongala, Sunk over a century ago during a cyclone in 1911.
The wreck is now home to an incredible array of marine life and coral.
This tour is a budget accommodation with world-class diving.
It departs once a month, and can also be profoundly affected by the weather.
SS Yongala Liveaboard Itinerary
- Day 1: Check-in & drop gear off at 3:30 pm.
- Boarding: 7:30 pm and departure at 8 pm.
- Day 2: three-day scuba dives and one-night scuba dive.
- Day 3: three-day scuba dives and one-night scuba dive
- Day 4: 2 early morning scuba dives
- Returning to Townsville at approximately 4 pm.
SS Yongala Liveaboard Trip Includes
- Three night’s budget accommodation (air-conditioned – multi-share, twin or double)
- All meals
- Up to 10 Dives – Including two-night dives on the Great Barrier Reef & 2 dives on the fantastic S.S. Yongala Liveaboard
- All Reef Taxes
- Tanks and weights
- Full gear hire: $185
- Guided dives (Per dive): $10 onboard
- $65 Camera hire
- Dive torch: $15 for night dive
- $25 per Nitrox fill
What to bring:
- Small bag with a towel, swimwear, hat, sunscreen, toiletries and change of clothes
- Proof of certification and logbook
- Booking voucher
- Cash or credit card for soft drinks sold onboard
- Extra snacks
Anyone with fewer than 15 logged dives will be required to do guided dives. A guide is $10 a dive.
Click this link if you are looking for a scuba diving liveaboard operating from Cairns.